The Jaunters Code
6 ways to stay safe and make the most out of your jaunts.
We want you to have fun outdoors, whilst looking after yourself, those around you and the natural environment so please remember the following and be sensible and have fun!
1. Prepare for your walk. Check the weather, always bring water and waterproofs. If hiking, bring all the appropriate gear with you.
2. If you're going on a hike, bring a physical map and compass in case phone signal isn't available or your phone battery runs out.
3. Don't harm nature. Pick up rubbish you see and never leave your own. Respect those living nearby if applicable.
4. Leave gates open or shut as you find them and follow the footpath where possible.
5. If you're bringing dogs make sure they're kept under your control and pick up any mess. Their poop can affect the biodiversity of their area and some areas aren't always suitable for our four-legged friends.
6. Only ever share walks that do not trespass and try to provide helpful information. Only share pictures of people with their permission.